Thursday, June 18, 2009

Storm


This is a view from the "veranda" yesterday afternoon. Big winds, lots and lots of rain. We have so many really big tall trees in our back yard and every time we get a storm like this with high winds, I go to the big picture window in my bedroom which looks out into the back yard and I pray to God to keep the trees tall and strong and firmly rooted. Yesterday when the wind was blowing so hard and there was thunder and lightning, I was standing at my window praying that prayer when Gary came into the room and said "Honey, I don't think you should be standing in front of that window right now." I told him I just finished my prayer and had him come look at the trees closest to the house...Honestly...Not even one leaf was blowing on them...even though all the other trees were swaying and leaves were being blown off.
The trees in the picture are in our front yard. I don't know why but I never worry about them falling. Our neighbors, a few houses away, had a huge tree to fall but it didn't hit their house. Don't even try to tell me that God doesn't hear our humble pleas.
Background is from JaelopDesigns "Praise the Lord". The word art is mine, I've used it before on a storm pic. It is just so comforting to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment