Monday, May 11, 2009

Standing Up For What You Believe In

OK...this is really getting to me..this thing about whether or not Miss California gets to keep her crown. So I just gotta put my 2 cents worth in!

This beautiful young lady, standing up for what she believes in, should be admired for what she is doing. She does not believe in same-sex marriage, she is a Christian and publicly states it. We, as Christians, believe that marriage is between a man and a woman. That is God's word, period, no if's, and's, or but's. Now pageant officials are saying that she is representing the state of CA. and by her statement, she is "offending the people of the state she is representing". I say, better to offend them than to offend God. Now it seems that Donald Trump ,who is apparently the "owner" of the Miss USA pageant, (I guess you can buy anything if you have enough money), will make the final decision on whether she keeps her crown or not. Well, Mr. Trump, even if this crown was made of solid gold and encrusted with diamonds, it would be trash compared to the crown this young lady will receive from God for taking a stand as a Christian. We should all think of this, daily. What have I done that would be pleasing to God today?

The following is copied from an associated press release:

The state pageant has been investigating whether she violated her contract by making public appearances with groups opposed to same-sex marriage. Prejean also failed to reveal that she once posed in her underwear.

Ok.. maybe this is true. But I ask, was the picture of her underwear anymore revealing than the so called "swim suits" that the contestants wear? Who, among us, has not made a mistake in our years past? If you haven't, I'd like to shake your hand...cause I've made plenty of mistakes in my past. In fact, as long as I'm living on this earth, I'm sure I'll continue to make mistakes..it's human nature, but by the grace of God, he forgives my mistakes, just as He forgives yours, if you are a child of Him.

It's time that all Christians take a stand. We already are forbidden to pray in school and read the Bible. I remember when I was growing up, our school day did not start until we had the Pledge of Allegiance, someone had the honor of reading a verse or two of scripture and we said the Lord's Prayer. Try doing that in school now...your child will more than likely be sent home, or at least to the principal's office.

This is just me....standing up for what I believe in.

1 comment:

  1. I believe she should be allowed to keep her crown, she only said what she believes, there is nothing wrong with that. I dont agree with same sex marriage, but that is me, for someone in that relationship, I cant judge them or the reasons for their choice. I have a very dear friend whose partner was dying of aids, I have never in my life witnessed such love and care ever. It broke my heart to see the pain this young man felt. I guess I give these things to God knowing that only He has all the answers. Ok...I think that might be more than 2 cents LOL Love you my friend

    ReplyDelete