Friday, April 2, 2010

Because He Lives



We all have children, grandchildren or nieces and nephews. This season is almost as much fun for them as Christmas. We love to see their faces when they see their Easter baskets filled with chocolate bunnies and colored eggs, and to see them dressed up in their new outfits for Easter.

I remember Easters from my childhood and each year as I grew older, I learned more and more about the true meaning of Easter. At first, in my child mind, it made me sad that Jesus had to die, but the older I got, the more I understood the reason. And I learned that He arose from the grave and He Lives!

During this season, I watch the movie "The Passion Of The Christ" and it gives me a feeling of renewal, a reminder of what Jesus did for me and for you. I hope everyone remembers, amid all the fun and family gatherings, to thank Jesus for giving us Eternal Life.
May you and your families have a very blessed Easter.

Background paper by SparkleScraps. Song by Bill Gaither.

No comments:

Post a Comment